Facebook filed its IPO this week and confirmed what many of us already know: Facebook makes most of its money by selling ads on its site. In fact, in 2011, 85% of their revenue was made via advertising; the remaining 15% made by payments and other fees.
Compared to Google, which gets 98% of its revenue from advertising, Facebook is more diversified. In one years time, Facebook is making 10% less from its advertising space, gaining funds from other avenues.
Who is the driving force behind Facebook’s payments business?
Zynga, the company that makes FarmVille and other popular Facebook games.
Which company bought $3.8 million worth of advertising on Facebook last year, representing 0.1% of Facebook’s total ad revenue?
Which company bought $4.2 million worth of ads from Facebook last year, also about 0.1% of Facebook’s total ad revenue?
The Washington Post
Which two companies have have officers who are on Facebook’s board of directors?
Netflix and The Washington Post