In 2010 Macy’s Fourth of July Fireworks makes its second raid to the Hudson River. We prepared for you a list of prime places to see the show.
- West Side Highway – below 59th Street along Eleventh Avenue.
- Piers 54 and Pier 84 – West St. and 13th St. / West St. and 44th St.
- Hoboken – there will be also a street festival on Frank Sinatra Drive, between 1st and 7th Streets
- Water Taxi Cruise – Water Taxi?s annual Fourth of July cruise ($100 ticket). South Street Seaport, Pier 17
- The Jewel (open-bar Fourth of July cruise – tickets are $150) – 23rd St. and FDR Dr.
- Clipper City (sailboat BBQ – $350) – South Street Seaport, Pier 17
- Roof of Hudson Terrace – 621 W. 46th St., nr. Eleventh Ave.
- Press Lounge at Ink48 (rooftop bar -$225) – 653 Eleventh Ave., at 48th St
- The Sky Room at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Times Square – 330 W. 40th St., nr. Ninth Ave.
Independence Day (Fourth of July) is a federal holiday commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, declaring independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain. wiki