Many businesses are having a tough time converting over to Web 2.0 ideals and practices, even the big name corporations. The way things are being bought, sold, and marketed is changing, and for your business to be successful, it needs to change with it.
Lauren Carlson of marketingautomationsoftware.com wrote an article recently to help web design and online business companies gain an edge into what the new age of online buyers are looking for on a company’s website.
The article talks about how online buyers want companies to set up their websites, and what they expect from them. The data shows that the Top 3 things buyers want to see on an online website are: Pricing Information, Functional Descriptions and Details, and Online Demos. Online buyers are having problems with how businesses are setting up their websites, the way they are writing their descriptions and content, and the fact that most companies make them fill out a contact form to find their prices.
The research shows that online buyers all want the same few basic things. So based on those results, here are 5 tips to help your online business succeed:
1. Make Your Price Known and Easily Accessible- Consumers don’t want to search all over your site for your price, nor do they want to spend their valuable time, only to be surprised by too high of a price. So make your price easily accessible, and your customers will thank you for it.
2. Speak The Consumer’s Language- Don’t use technical jargon that your customers can’t understand. If a customer can’t understand what you are saying in the first 5 sec or so, they will move on to another business whose content is more easily understood.
3. Pitch Your Product Well and in Few Words- Customers don’t want to read a large amount of text when researching products, so make your descriptions short and very informative. Use the rule of thumb, ?Short, sweet, and to the point?.
4. Get Some Third-Party Validation- In the current times, people rely on the feedback of others when they are searching for a product or service. So show some positive feedback your business has received from customers. Try a video review or testimony, they are very popular right now, and are very effective.
5. Make Sure Your Content is Great- Without good content, your customers will not take your business seriously, and you will loose potential business. Take the time, or spend the money, to put good quality content on your site. It will be well worth it.
Follow these tips, and your business will prosper from them. Online buyers are very picky and judgmental. So if you don’t give them what they want, they will take their business elsewhere. Web 2.0 can be a very tough world for businesses, but those who rise to the challenge will rise above the rest, and the consumers will respond to it.