The latest results from the comScore’s February search market share numbers reveal changes in the search engine market. Bing and Google showed gains while Yahoo! lost market share.
While this isn’t the official comScore release, the following data shows the changes for February:
- Google: 66.4 percent (vs. 65.4 percent a year ago)
- Bing: 15.3 percent (vs. 13.6 percent a year ago)
- Yahoo: 13.8 percent (vs. 16.1 percent a year ago)
- Ask: 3 percent (vs. 3.2 percent a year ago)
- AOL: 1.5 percent (vs. 1.7 percent a year ago)
When combined, the search alliance share is at 29.1 percent, essentially continuing the plateau it has been in for many months; however, the decline in Yahoo!’s numbers over the past year is significant.