Category Archives: Internet Business News

WordPress 3.4 release goes Green

Names in honor of guitarist Grant Green, WordPress 3.4 ‘Green’ has been released to users and developers. Insiders let us know that many significant improvements to a variety of components were designed while listening to Grant Green’s soulful strums. These improvements include theme customization, custom headers, Twitter embeds, and image captions. This release means big

Continue Reading →

Facebook’s acquisition of Instagram

Facebook announced this week its purchase of Instagram, a San Francisco-based mobile photo storage application. This is the largest acquisition yet for the social network. Instagram’s photo services will strengthen Facebook’s current photo services. The purchase price was around $1 million in cash and shares. This agreement includes the opportunity for Instagram to remain independent

Continue Reading →

Smartphones on the rise: What this means for feature phone users

As of the writing of this blog, about half of the mobile phones owned in the US are smartphones. For those who believed the smartphone revolution to be just hype, this new statistic should cause them to rethink. According to the latest figures from Nelson, 49.9 percent of mobile owners had smartphones as of February

Continue Reading →

Drop in Chrome’s market share: due to Google’s penalty?

Google Chrome dropped 0.17% in January after 17 consecutive months of gains in market share. Why? The company that tracks browser market share suggests that it’s due to Google’s penalizing Chrome after its messed up, sponsored blog post campaign. Net Applications, the company that released these figures, says it tracks about 160 million unique visits

Continue Reading →

How does Facebook make money?

Facebook filed its IPO this week and confirmed what many of us already know: Facebook makes most of its money by selling ads on its site. In fact, in 2011, 85% of their revenue was made via advertising; the remaining 15% made by payments and other fees. Compared to Google, which gets 98% of its

Continue Reading →

Your Interview with the President

On Tuesday, January 24 President Obama will speak in his annual State of the Union address. Interesting thing is going on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/whitehouse) where you can ask President Obama the questions that are on your mind. He’ll answer several of top-voted questions. By submitting your question, you can win an invite to join a Google+

Continue Reading →

Generate sales leads with mobile

Morgan Stanley Research estimates sales of smartphones will exceed those of PCs in 2012. As the US grows more mobile, it’s time to reassess how your small business uses this mobile market to increase sales. This article provides three usable techniques for utilizing mobile phones to generate sales leads. In numbers… 420: the estimated number

Continue Reading →

Last week hot stories: Steve Jobs, Facebook games and Intel

Steve Jobs to receive award posthumously, Most Popular Games of 2011 and New Mobile Chips for Intel. Steve Jobs to receive award posthumously On February 11, 2012, The National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences will honor Steve Jobs for his ingenuity. The Grammy Award posthumously honors Jobs for helping to “create products and technology

Continue Reading →

IBM to purchase DemandTec

I.B.M. reported this week that they will purchase DemandTec, a web-based enterprise software company, for $440 million. Reasoning for this purchase is likely DemandTec’s standing with both cloud based services and data analytics. Craig Hayman, an I.B.M. general manager, commented, “The combination of DemandTec and I.B.M. will help marketing and sales executives in retail and

Continue Reading →

Black Friday Shopping Results: Kindle Fire on Top

Amazon.com. Inc. announced Monday that the popular Kindle Fire held the number one spot for bestselling product in Black Friday’s shopping results. There are four product in the Kindle family line: the $79 Kindle, $99 Kindle Touch, $149 Kindle Touch 3G and the $199 Kindle Fire, gaining top marks at only 8 weeks old. Compared

Continue Reading →

About The Author

  • DanielRDD Founder

    A web developer and internet marketing guru. Skilled with C++, PHP, JavaScript, HTML5/CSS3 and WordPress.

Archives